Roulette, like all games of chance, is about odds. Knowing what to expect is key to getting the most out of your game. Let’s see together what are the odds in roulette to better understand a game.

  • Common odds in casinos : Even though the odds and payouts vary on different bets, the odds are ultimately the same for roulette. In many other games, proper strategy is needed to get the best possible odds for the player. However, roulette simply requires placing a bet in order to win. At the most basic level, we are talking about odds in terms of the house advantage over the player. In American roulette, the odds on virtually all bets are 5.26% (1/19), while in European roulette it is 2.70% (1/37). Basically, just divide the number of zeros on the wheel by the total number of pockets. This is feasible for both standard roulette games and the one without zeros.
  • American Rules : The first of the two variations of roulette is American roulette. This version of the game is the one found in most casinos in the United States. American roulette has a zero, a double-zero and 36 regular numbers. Therefore, you have 38 possible places the ball can land on. For every euro that earns, the income is 94.74 cents. All casinos follow pretty much the same rules. The house edge on all bets is 1/19, or 5.26%, with the exception of 0-00-1-2-3 combinations, which carry odds of 7.89%. If you were to bet on red, you have 18 out of 38 chances (47.23%) of winning the bet. On the other hand, there is a 20 in 38 (52.77%) chance of losing it.
  • European rules : The European table does not have double zero. It is therefore much more advantageous for the player. The odds are however half that of American roulette. When you bet on a single number, you have odds of 1/37, that is, one chance of winning every 37 spins. For example, for 1 euro wagered on European roulette, a return of 97.37 cents is done in the long term. The calculation is simple: $ 1 minus the house odds which is 2.63%, or 2.63 cents. In short, the European wheel is ideal for big bettors.
  • French Rules : French roulette is played on a single wheel and also has a favorable “En prison” rating. Under the general rule, if the player makes a bet on red, black, odd, even, 1-18, 19-36; and the ball lands in zero, the player only wins half of his stake. This system is also known as “Sharing”. The term is indeed French, but this rule can sometimes be found in casinos outside of France, including some high-limit venues in Las Vegas. Rather than losing half the stake, the player can also choose to imprison the bet. If the number wins on the next spin, the stake is returned to the player, with no winnings.
  • Inside bets: Bets are those that are placed inside the number grid. This includes a single number bet. The bets offer a payout of 35/1 and odds of 37/1. The horse bet is a bet on two adjacent numbers by placing the chips on the line between the numbers. Street bets consist of three numbers on a single line. Corner bets are placed on four adjacent numbers, with your chips straddling all four corners. Sixains bets involve 4, 5 or 6 numbers, respectively, in the American game.
  • Outside bets: Outside bets are placed outside the number grid. These bets tend to include larger blocks of numbers, including numbers 12 and 18. Outside bets include odd, red, and black bets, 1 to 18 or 19 to 36. In all of these cases players should know that the house odds are the same whether you bet on 1 number or 18 at a time. This method is legal, but not recommended. It is actually a combination of 5 numbers ranging from 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3. The income is significantly lower from the player’s point of view.
  • You can also consult the rules of roulette to understand how to bet and relate to these odds.

Are the odds changing online?

Well, online roulettes copy the same game mode as land roulettes. Although at present in hard-core casinos there are electronic roulettes (which are real roulettes with an automated system to send the ball), those which can be found online also copy the basic game but it should be noted that the bonuses of online casinos being much more aggressive, this has a direct impact on the probabilities of such a game. If for example a casino offers you a cashback of 25% (it gives you back 25% of your losses), this will have a direct effect on your earnings in the long run. So even if this does not impact your probabilities of hitting a chance or a number, you must know how to take it into account because the important thing is the final net gain. It will therefore always be more advantageous to play roulette online.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *